Michael J. Kittay, MD
Dr. Michael J. Kittay, MD: Harvard Trained Psychiatrist and Addiction Medicine Specialist
Dr. Kittay is a Harvard University trained Psychiatrist with specialty training is addiction and medical psychiatry. He is an Addiction Medicine Specialist who is certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine. He received his medical degree with high honors from New York University Medical School.
As a Medical Doctor who is both a Psychiatrist and Addiction Medicine Specialist, Dr. Kittay is uniquely positioned to provide the best, most comprehensive and integrated medical addiction treatment available.
The Art of Addiction Medicine: Training, Experience and Skill
Dr. Kittay’s training has helped him develop a unique understanding of the interrelationships of addiction, psychiatry and medicine, and the insight and skill to provide his patients unsurpassed compassionate and nonjudgmental care. Dr. Kittay is an experienced Psychiatric and Addiction pharmacologist who combines cutting edge medicine with old fashioned care.
Dr. Kittay focuses on helping his patients understand their addiction, and on developing coping skills needed for recovery. He coordinates care with addiction therapists and counselors, and other behavioral and mental health professionals.
Dual Diagnosis: Where Psychiatry meets Addiction
Most patients with addictions also suffer from psychiatric disorders, usually Depression and Anxiety, but often Post Traumatic Stress or Eating Disorders. Attention Deficit Disorders are also very common.
As an Addiction Psychiatrist, Dr. Kittay treats addictions complicated by co-occurring psychiatric and emotional problem. It has been proven that treating co-occurring psychiatric and addiction illnesses is the best approach with the best outcomes.
Dr. Michael J. Kittay, MD
Harvard Medical School
- Adult, Medical & Hospital Psychiatry
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Affiliated Teaching Hospitals, Medical Psychiatry Senior Resident
- Boston Veterans Hospital System, Harvard affiliated teaching Hospitals; Psychiatry Resident and Medical Psychiatry Chief Resident
New York University School of Medicine
- Medical Doctorate New York University Medical School
- Resident & Chief Resident, Anesthesiology, New York University and Bellevue Hospital Medical Centers
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist with a concentration in Neuro-Anesthesia; published author
- Jonas Salk Fellow in Medicine,
- New York University Honors Scholar
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
Mount Sinai School of Medicine School
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident
- Fellow American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow American College of Anesthesiology
- University of Florida School of Medicine: Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Maryland School of Medicine: Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Board Certified Physician by the American Board of Addiction Medicine
American Board of Addiction Medicine physicians have demonstrated competency and clinical judgment, skills and attitudes essential for the delivery of excellent patient care” in the science and treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders as they relate to: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and Psychiatry.
Dr. Kittay’s Addiction Practice Meets the Standards of Care Established by:
- ASAM – The American Society of Addiction Medicine Level of Care Criteria;
- NIDA – National Institute of Drug Abuse Standards For Alcohol and Substance Abuse and Dependency Practice Guidelines;
- SAMSHA – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Practice Recommendations.
“Dr Kittay is the best Doctor … He saved my life!”
“I am Extremely happy to have found Dr. Kittay. After calling many clinics and doctors, this was the first place that was actually pleasant to talk to and … that actually seemed interested in helping. From day one I felt well taken care of and could not be happier!”